ReverteTM is an oxo-biodegradable additive which is added directly into the film manufacturing process to standard PE, PP & PET to impart this property, with almost no physical impact on the processing of the polymer.
Reverte BD additives can be used in a wide range of plastic products like PE, PP, BOPP and PET. All these raw materials can be treated by our additives to make them totally biodegradable, yet retain a high level of tensile strength, elasticity and transparency.
Reverte has full EC Directive 2002/72/EC approval by RAPRA UK, and is compliant with the US FDA regulations. It is food contact safe and it is used in a wide range of food packaging.
Addition Rates and Degradation Time
The rate of biodegradation is strongly dependent on the natural conditions of the disposal site and ideal results are generally obtained from well maintained composting sites where the medium is live, warm and not too dry.
However microcracking and film breakdown would normally be expected to commence within 3 to 7 months, with micro- fragmentation and bacterial ingestion following in a further 4 to 12 months.
- BD 92771 Food Contact Certificate - 184kb PDF File
- BD 92845 Food Contact Certificate - 160kb PDF File
- BD 93172 Food Contact Certificate -184kb PDF File
- BD 93470 Food Contact Certificate - 160kb PDF File
- Reverte® In Landfills Document - 238kb mb PDF File
- Technical Presentation Reverte® PET March 2011 - 2.4 mb PDF File
- The oxo-biodegradation of polyethylene, LDPE and HDPE - June 2011 - 5.5 mb PDF File
- Reverte for PET Laymans Terms August 2011 - 79 kb PDF File
- Reverte for PET Myths August 2011 - 213 kb PDF File
- Banned: No more free plastic bags in Victoria
- Paris banned Non-Biodegradale Plastic Bags
- London joins national campaign to banish the curse of the plastic bag
- Uganda plastic bag ban - Youtube video
- Queen's Speech response
- Reverte Green label Singapore